Every Mudder has their own pre-event routine, and fueling up is an important part. Here’s what 10 Tough Mudder Ambassadors eat before they hit the course.
1. “Bananas, peanut butter, aminos, and maaaaaaaybe some caffeine.” —Brian Heffernan
2. “Overnight oats! Greek yogurt mixed with Nutella, almond milk, and the oats, and then I put granola and strawberries on it.” —Michele Fisher
3. “I had Chipotle before Toughest Mudder this weekend. The chicken rice bowl was the way to go!” —Michelle Winton Mazza
4. “Pancakes, bagels, or PB&J.” —Ryan Ardigo
5. “Bad things happen if I don’t eat oatmeal for breakfast. Also, make sure to grab a banana on your way out the door.” —Melk Kowalkowski
6. “Caffeine + carb drink, 3 eggs, 1 banana, and peanut butter on a bagel.” —Will Saint
7. “Eggs and a protein meal/shake.” —Dan Bird
8. “When I wake up: scrambled eggs and avocado, bowl of cereal in almond milk. Within the hour before racetime: Clif bar or other bar.” —Jimmy Sorel
9. “If it’s a regular Mudder, oats with protein. If it’s a Toughest, I will do something more calorie dense like Chipotle.” —Becca Weidner
10. “Uncrustables sandwich, bananas, waffles, eggs, lots of H2O.” —Monica Peña
An easy way to fuel up on event day is with a double protein Salad Bowl from Chipotle Mexican Grill. A Salad Bowl loaded with full portions of steak and chicken, white rice, black beans, red salsa, romaine lettuce, and sour cream has 68 grams of protein. Want to know more about menu options at Chipotle? Click here.